Welcome to the 125th year of the WRJ/B’rith Kodesh Sisterhood!
Women of Reform Judaism (WRJ) is the major affiliate of the Reform Movement, with 75,000 members in 600 Sisterhoods throughout North America. These 600 Sisterhoods make up the 5 districts within WRJ and we are in the Northeast District. B’rith Kodesh is one of the largest Sisterhoods with about 220 women of all ages, representing a wide range of interests, social causes, and time. WRJ/B'rith Kodesh Sisterhood was organized in 1892 under the leadership of Miriam Landsberg, wife of Rabbi Max Landsberg. The first president was Mrs. R. Schatz. The first treasurer was Minnie Wolff Elsner.
WRJ/B’rith Kodesh Sisterhood serves TBK and the greater community.
If you are not already a member, please consider joining us! Even if you cannot be actively involved, it is a wonderful way of supporting the Women of Reform Judaism as we support temple. Membership dues and other donations to WRJ/B’rith Kodesh Sisterhood are important and make a difference for TBK. Your dues are used to enhance the activities and services of our congregation in many ways. Some of the things we do are:
- Support Temple and Religious School activities
- Send notes and make visits to homebound members
- Help to keep up the temple’s kitchen equipment
- Provide Onegs on Shabbats that do not have B’nai Mitzvot
- Provide gifts to B’nai Mitzvah celebrants and confirmands
- Co-sponsor Sunday Morning Kollel sessions
- Invite the interfaith community to an Annual Interfaith Event which continues to be a successful outreach
- Hold a Spirituality Retreat in the autumn, offering a meaningful Shabbat experience within a warm community of women
- Deliver flowers to congregants who are ill or in need of cheer
- Send care packages to college students at holiday times
- Operate the Judaica shop
- Provide campership and scholarship opportunities
- Organize shalach manot sales and deliveries to help celebrate Purim
Click here to see information about the WRJ/Sisterhood College Connections Program
Click here to see more information on the WRJ/Sisterhood Judacia Shop
Watch for information on the annual WRJ/Sisterhood Art Show - Sunday, October 21
To learn more about our programs or to receive information about joining and getting involved,
please contact the Sisterhood office at 244-7060, ext. 233 or by email at email@example.com.